Wednesday, April 6, 2011

week 4: on books



                                            You know you've read a good
                                          book when you turn the last page
                            and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.  ~Paul Sweeney


I have loved to read for as long as I can remember. As a child, we would walk out of the library hardly being able to see over the top of the pile of books that we chose! I am so happy my mom instilled that love of reading in me. I am happy to say that my girls, ages 9 and 11 are the same way. This is their bookshelf (in my bedroom) behind me because we always plop in my bed at night to read together. Below is  a list of my favorites over the years: In no particular order....
  • Still Alice
  • Sarah's Key
  • Those Who Save Us
  • Kite Runner
  • The Help
  • A Reliable Wife
  • The Book Thief
  • Shelter Me
  • The Usual Rules
  • Catching Genius
  • April & Oliver
  • The Mountain Between Us
  • Love Walked In
  • An Accidental Light
  • Girls in Trouble
  • Love in the Present Tense
  • Whistling in the Dark
  • Belong to Me
  • The Other Boelyn Girl
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns
  • The Memory Keepers Daughter
  • The Poisonwood Bible
  • The Ha-Ha
  • Memoirs of a Geisha
  • Midwives
  • The Cure for Grief
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
  • The Thirteenth Tale 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the photo and love the list! I'm also thankful to have been encouraged to read when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added these to my list of books to read... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome! you are quite the reader. when I get a few moments to myself, I'm going to check back for this list ;) can you recommend a fav?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie J, my favorite was probably The Help. Did I respond to your comment, I can't remember?!
    tara

    ReplyDelete