Wednesday, May 4, 2011

week 7: on never giving up!

  
                                    "When the world says, "Give up,"
                                      Hope whispers, 'Try it one more time.' "
                                                      ~ Unknown
                             spacer gif 
I used to be a size 2-4 until I turned 26, then was a sizes 6-8. then I got married & had 2 babies,
19 months apart and have never been able to get below a size: 10 & even had been all the way into
a size 14. I know women shouldn't judge by a number, but I haven't been happy with my body since 
I had my babies (who are turning 10 & 12 this year). Every January I start out strong, exercising 2-4 
hours per day, eating right, losing about 17lbs and then I gain it all back, stop working out and feel 
horrible about myself. Well this is the year, 2011, that I am now trying to incorporate lifestyle changes,
changes that I can keep. If I want chips, I will allow myself to have them. I am realizing setbacks are part of the process and not a reason to give up and sabotage myself and gain it all back. I am exercising, just not in excess, but in moderation. I am eating the things I want, but in moderation. I am slowly  getting the body I want and becoming who I want to be....and this time, I won't give up!
**photo taken by Ava age: 9 (first photo that I haven't taken of myself on this blog so far)

1 comment:

  1. lookin' great tara!!! wow...your 9 yr. old has some great photo chops! hmm...wonder where she got THAT from! haha!
    congrats on the healthy lifestyle!
    xoxo
    gigi

    ReplyDelete